Adamczak, M. 2004. The application of lipases in modifying the composition, structure and properties of lipids-a review. Polish J. Food Nutr. Sci. 13:3-10.
Akoh, C.C. and L.N. Yee. 1997. Enzymatic synthesis of position-specific low-calorie structured lipids. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. 74:1409-1413. doi: 10.1007/s11746-997-0245-3
da Silva, R.C., D.F. Soares, M.B. Lourenço, F.A.S.M. Soares, K.G. da Silva, M. Inês, A. Gonçalves and L.A. Gioielli. 2010. Structured lipids obtained by chemical interesterification of olive oil and palm stearin. LWT - Food Sci. Technol. 43:752-758.
Debnath, S., R. Ravi and B.R. Lokesh. 2011. Optimisation of lipase-catalysed interesterification reaction for modulating rheological and heat transfer properties of frying oil. Food Chem. 129:1444-1452.
Dobarganes, M.C., G. Marquez-Ruiz and M.C. Perez-Camino. 1993. Thermal stability and frying performance of genetically modified sunflower seed (Helianthus annuus L.) oils. J. Agr. Food Chem. 41:678-681.
Farfán, M., M.J. Villalón, M.E. Ortíz, S. Nieto and P. Bouchon. 2013. The effect of interesterification on the bioavailability of fatty acids in structured lipids. Food Chem. 139:571-577. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.01.024
Foglia, T.A., K. Petruso and S.H. Feairheller. 1993. Enzymatic interesterification of tallow-sunflower oil mixtures. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. 70: 281-285. doi: 10.1007/BF02545309
Guillén, M.D., M.L. Ibargoitia and P. Sopelana. 2016. Margarine: composition and analysis. In Encyclopedia of Food and Health, 646-653. Oxford: Academic Press.
Han, L., Z. Xu, J. Huang, Z. Meng, Y. Liu and X. Wang. 2011. Enzymatically catalyzed synthesis of low-calorie structured lipid in a solvent-free system: optimization by response surface methodology. J. Agr. Food Chem. 59:12635-12642. doi: 10.1021/jf2029658
10. Huang, K.H. and C.C. Akoh. 1996. Enzymatic synthesis of structured lipids: Transesterification of triolein and caprylic acid ethyl ester. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. 73:245-250. doi: 10.1007/BF02523903
11. Iwasaki, Y. and T. Yamane. 2004. Enzymatic synthesis of structured lipids. Adv. Biochem. Eng. Biotechnol. 90:151-171.
12. Johnson, L.A. 1998. Recovery, refining, converting, and stabilizing edible fats and oils. In: Akoh C.C. and Min D.B., (Eds.). Food Lipids Chemistry, Nutrition, and Biotechnology. NewYork, Marcel Dekker,USA, pp. 181-228.
13. Lee, Ki‐Teak and Casimir Akoh 2009. Structured lipids: Synthesis and applications. Food Reviews International. 14(1): 17-34. doi: 10.1080/87559129809541148
14. Li, Y., J. Zhao, X. Xie, Z. Zhang, N. Zhang and Y. Wang. 2018. A low trans margarine fat analog to beef tallow for healthier formulations: Optimization of enzymatic interesterification using soybean oil and fully hydrogenated palm oil. Food Chem. 255:405-413.
15. Loisel, C., G. Lecq, G. Keller and M. Ollivon. 1998. Dynamic Crystallization of Dark Chocolate as Affected by Temperature and Lipid Additives. J. Food Sci. 63:73-79. doi: doi:10.1111/j.1365-2621.1998.tb15679.x
16. Macrae, A.R. 1985. Enzyme-catalysed modification of oils and fats. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series B, Biol. Sci. 310:227-233.
17. Nagachinta, S. and C.C. Akoh. 2013. Synthesis of structured lipid enriched with omega fatty acids and sn-2 Palmitic Acid by Enzymatic Esterification and Its Incorporation in Powdered Infant formula. J. Agr. Food Chem. 61:4455-4463. doi: 10.1021/jf400634w
18. Osborn, H.T. and C.C. Akoh. 2002. Structured lipids-Novel fats with medical, nutraceutical, and food applications. Comprehen. Rev. Food Sci. Food Safety 1:110-120. doi: doi:10.1111/j.1541-4337.2002.tb00010.x
19. Timms, R.E. 1985. Physical properties of oils and mixtures of oils. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. 62:241-249. doi: 10.1007/BF02541385
20. Willis, W.M., R.W. Lencki and A.G. Marangoni. 1998. Lipid modification strategies in the production of nutritionally functional fats and oils. Crit. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 38: 639-674.
21. Xu, X., L.B. Fomuso and C.C. Akoh. 2000. Synthesis of structured triacylglycerols by lipase-catalyzed acidolysis in a packed bed bioreactor. J. Agr. Food Chem. 48:3-10.
22. Zam, W. 2015. Structured lipids: methods of production, commercial products and nutraceutical characteristics. Prog. Nut. 17:198-213.
23. Zou, L. and C.C. Akoh. 2013. Characterisation and optimisation of physical and oxidative stability of structured lipid-based infant formula emulsion: Effects of emulsifiers and biopolymer thickeners. Food Chem. 141:2486-2494. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.05.029